We went back to the doctor for another ultrasound yesterday. Jake went with me to support the hopes of a baby brother. We had three different people working us over. The first was a resident who wasn't to swift with the ultrasound equipment. She left to get the ultrasound tech when she couldn't get the images she wanted. The tech did a little bit better but mystery baby still was not cooperating. The tech and the resident went out to get the doctor and I figured this was my last chance to get this baby to move enough for us to get the measurements we needed and to find out the gender. Jake was getting impatient. I stood up and did a little dance, wiggled my stomach and then laid on my side while I waited for the doctor to come in. We started the ultrasound again and success! The baby had moved, they were able to take the correct measurements and we got the exciting news that we are having another baby GIRL!.
Jake was visibly discouraged. The doctor told him to come back with me in a few years and they would try again. Jake said "five kids?". I said " NO! You will have to choose between 5 kids or a mommy. This mom is getting too old and too tired." The girls were thrilled. Aaron missed the whole thing, he was stuck in a surgery at work. We called to tell him and he didn't believe us. I was worried that he wouldn't come home for dinner. He is the father of many daughters. What a lucky guy.






7 comments:
Hurray! 3 girls in coordinating outfits will be SO cute! How lucky! You are so gifted at making girls- well done! Let the bow-making mass production begin...
PS- Jake's welcome at our house any time for surrogate little brother time.
Yea for another cute Wells girl! :) Too bad they couldn't get pictures of your baby-moving dance too.
Oh my goodness! Congrats on another little princess! Poor Jake:)
No way! Well, you guys do make beautiful little girls. CONGRATULATIONS!
CONGRATS!!!! WOW 3 girls, I can barely handle the ONE that I have!!! that is so fun! Tell Jake he can come play with my 2 boys if he needs some "man" time! love and miss you! Michelle
Congrats on another GIRL!!!
Post a Comment