Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Lydia's Big Day

Lydia's big day came and went with a flash. We didn't get out much because everyone is still recovering from a lovely bout of fevers and coughing. Lydia's b-day was the first day in several days that she hasn't had a fever. YEA!

This is Lydia showing off her tummy in her way to small size 2 jams. We are ready for the size 3 clothes bucket and some warmer weather.

This is Lydia showing us how old she is (sort of). She had a hard time holding her thumb and pinky finger down.
Lydia's favorite breakfast is waffles, so waffles it was. While I was braiding Katie's hair this morning Lydia spooned the extra waffle batter into the big syrup container from Costco. Yummy.


Lydia got a big girl bike for her birthday. She spent most of the day sitting on her bike watching Dora the Explorer. (we encourage lots of good physical activity on ones birthday.)

Poppy was in town for a meeting so he came and took us out for dinner to the Mac Grill. I forgot the camera so I just took pictures of him with the kids when we got back. It was yummy, and other than the coughing everyone was pretty good at dinner. Thanks Poppy!


This was the model for Lydia's cake. Surprisingly mine did not turn out quite as well. I couldn't fine the right kind of cones so I just used sugar cones. I also frosted with whipping cream instead of frosting. The kids have been asking me to make a jello cake so that is what I made for Lydia's b-day. It looked OK, but it I like this one much better.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

We need pictures of the cake!! I'm sure it was fabulous :)

Sarah Wells said...

I'm sure it was not. It has now been cut. The kids ate it for breakfast. I am a good mother.

Stacy said...

You are so creative!!!