
For family night last week I wanted to drive up the canyon to see the fall leaves. Nobody was on board with me, including Aaron, but I insisted. As we headed up the canyon, things looked quite promising. There was some good color on the trees and I thought for sure that we were in for a spectacular sight. The further up the canyon we went, the more sad the trees started to look. By the time we reached Silver Lake, this is what we saw. Aaron wanted to turn around and go home but I was going to have a fall experience.

We all got out of the car and started on our journey around the boardwalk. It only takes about 20 minutes to do this little hike/walk. We came with some friends during the summer and had a great time.

The kids started to warm up and enjoy the walk. There was a little less complaining until...

Lydia slid down the hill in some mud. It was such a sad event.

In true Lydia form, she recovered quickly.

Jake and Lydia were coordinating nicely and posed for this cute picture. I love the difference in size between these two. Jake is truly her BIG brother.

I wish Maggie had been a little bit more cooperative. She pulled out her ponytail and bow and refused to look at me when I had the camera.

I did sneak in a few shots. Here hair was the exact same color as the grass.

Lydia is fully recovered in this picture. Muddy but happy.

Jake, sneaking in a hug on Katie.


Katie couldn't get enough of her new water pack. She sipped and squirted all along the way.

Poor Maggie. She has seen better days.

On Saturday we had a photo shoot scheduled with my friend Katherine Wallin. She takes beautiful pictures and I am so excited to see how our shoot turned out. I thought I had better catch a couple of pictures too while everyone was dressed in coordinating clothes and hair done. All at the same time no less.

I can never get them to all look at the same time. Hopefully Kathrine had an easier time with that.

The whole crew.


So those are a few highlights from our mid October week. Note to self for next year. See the leaves in SEPTEMBER!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment