Monday, October 31, 2011

Fall School Activities

I am painfully behind on my blogging. If you are wondering why, it is because my children are almost never in school. They have had as many days off this month as on. We had UEA break, SEP conferences (all half days), Halloween, (also a half day. Go figure.) not to mention, scouts, piano and violin lessons, practice, etc, etc, etc. I am truly the social director for my children. Don't get me wrong, I love every minute of it. I just don't find a lot of time for blogging lately. I will try to remedy that today. We have been up to much fun, and I can't wait to share it with our family and friends, so here we go...


A few weeks ago our school had it's annual jog-a-thon. This was a first for Lydia. Here she is running along. I hand washed and ironed a cute little jogging suit for her to wear. That morning at breakfast I noticed that it had something all over it. I asked Lyd about it and she said, "oh Mom, it's just a little purple marker." She had decorated herself for the event. Thanks Lyd. We made a rapid clothing change and were off to school.She was such a hard worker. I think she did 13 laps around the playground in their 20 minute run.
Here she is cooling down.
Katie is by far the most athletic of our kids. She ran like a gazelle.
She even took Maggie around for a lap.
Jake, off to the races.
and, a close up.
Last week the kids participated in Red Ribbon week at their school. One of the themed days was 80's day. I guess the idea behind that is when Nancy Regan was advocating "just say no" to drugs. Any way, we got our 80's on and dressed to impress. Thank goodness the 80's are over. Not the most attractive time in fashion history. I was sad and proud to say that we own nothing NEON colored but that is exactly what we needed to truly rock the 80's theme. Oh well, we did our best.

Here is Katie working her best"early Madonna. You go girl!
Lyd in the layered collar shirt, flipped up of course. Not to mention the Deb inspired side ponytail. The glasses are a whole other story.
Jake was a little bit tougher. He doesn't want to wear anything "weird". He wore a layer shirt, long sleeves pushed up and collar flipped. He did let us peg his pants though, so much fun!
The next day was "Use your head, don't do drugs"/crazy hair day. I bought a can of sparkle hair spray for the girls and it was a HUGE hit.
This is Katie's new favorite smile. She has to show ALL of the holes in her teeth.
Lydia, working the pink, glitter ponies.
The crew. They look CrAzY alright.
The next event worth mentioning (with the exception of Maggie's birthday, which will get it's own post), was Halloween. This is my lame attempt at a festive breakfast. We all had to be to school early for the parade and parties so we were in a hurry. They had hot chocolate with ghost marshmallows, cinnamon toast and a banana ghost. Sad, I know.
Ma Chee was Rupunzle. Isn't she lovely? That wig is such a pain! I am glad that we have short hair normally. She did feel Fabulous in it. This is Lydie sipping on her brew at the kindergarten party.
I caught a picture of Katie working on her Halloween crafts. I love that about the holidays, you get to sneak into the classroom and take all kinds of fun pictures.
Katie and her cute friend Mia were both Dorothy.
This is Katie and her teacher, Mrs. Montano.
If you were looking for Waldo, we found him. Bubby made this cool hat for Jake and we fashioned his shirt out of a white shirt and red duct tape. I couldn't find the right shirt so we had to improvise. It turned out ok.


One of the Moms planned a really fun caramel apple station. The kids dipped their apples into a crock pot full of hot caramel and then rolled their apples in candy, cereal, nuts and or sprinkles. We made an awesome witches brew that was a big hit. It was apple juice, cranberry juice and dry ice. I brewed it in a big witches cauldron. The kids thought it was great.

Jake and his teacher, Mr. Sorensen. It was fun to get to see Jake in his classroom environment. His teacher is really laid back. Jake seems to really enjoy himself. It is a good setting for him. Not how I would do it, but great just the same. Mr. Sorensen does lots of fun science experiments. The room is a little disheveled but they sure love Mr. Sorensen.



And this is what Maggie wants to do all the time. She is absolutely obsessed with "going" potty. She just sits there but loves to go through all of the steps. She sits for a while faux wipes and washes her hands. Kudos to our open door bathroom policy, our baby is a genius!

Way to go Maggie!

1 comment:

BubOppy said...

Ma Chee is fab in her rather random glasses. Thanks for ALL of the photos, that is just what I have been craving.