Wednesday, August 22, 2012

First Day of School 2012

Here is our crew on their first day of school
 Jake started middle school.  Can you believe it?  I am pretty sure that I am too young to have a 7th grader.  He had a great first two days and is transitioning well to the big changes.  Homework hasn't started yet but so far so good.
 Katie started 3rd grade today.  She worked hard all summer keeping up on her reading.  She was ready to get back to her busy social schedule and friends at school 
 Miss Lydia started 1st grade today.  She thinks her teacher is pretty.  She wears TONS of makeup.  Lydia is not a less is more kind of girl.  More is more as far as she is concerned.  This week is all short days so we won't know until next week how she does sitting still for a whole school day.  I hope they are ready for Lydia.  She is quite a girl.
 Maggie stayed home with Mom today.  I was worried that she would be bored with all of the kids gone but she was great.  We read lots and lots of books, played blocks and (she) took a long nap in the peace and quiet.
So hear they are, our 2012 all stars.  We are gearing up for a great school year.  

1 comment:

BubOppy said...

What a handsome and lovely group! We love those kids.