Monday, October 15, 2012

Disneyland: Day 1

Our journey began a few days before this picture was taken.  We left Saturday morning after Katie's soccer game.  We were so glad we waited to leave because she scored her first goal of the season and was so very excited.  We spent Saturday afternoon with Bubby and Poppy in Cedar City and then headed to Toquerville to see Grandma and Grandpa.  We left Sunday morning in search of the happiest place on earth.

 We didn't find it in Las Vegas.  Here we experience some minor car trouble.  A new battery fixed us right up and after a 3 hour stop our journey continued.  We arrived safely at our hotel around 6 pm and had a quick swim.  We had a really strange encounter with a "chinese" pizza delivery (a story for another time) and then tried to wrestle 4 crazy kids to sleep in one room.  
 We got up early this morning and headed off to Disneyland where we proceeded to have too much fun.  I love how the girls shirts turned out and I even like Aaron and Jake's last minute ones.  Team Minnie!
 Disneyland is all decked out for Halloween.  Maggie was overwhelmed by how much there is to see.  Don't look to close at this picture, you may see it again on our Christmas card.
 We always have to have a photo op at  the sword in the stone.

 Maybe a little team work.
 We spent most of the day in fantasy land.  We rode Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pinochio, the carosel, the rockets, pirates (2 times), space mountain (Jake's fave), Winnie the Poo, Jungle Cruise (I wouldn't do that one again) and I am sure a few others.  I will have to do better on documenting everything tomorrow.  I started out taking a lot of pictures and then got lazy.  Katie and Lydia said that they would never ride space mountain again.  Maggie and I saw Captain Eeo while we waited.  (another thing I don't need to do again.)
The highlight of our day was a visit from Aunt Carolyn.  She and my cousin Jerry came to meet us for dinner.  She brought a pillowcase filled with bracelets for the girls to choose some.  As you can see it was a huge hit.

 Maggie had such a great time trying them all on.  As the night wore on our poor team began to run out of steam.  Jerry was nice enough to hold a sleeping Maggie while I ate my dinner.    I think he maybe even enjoyed  it a little bit.

Aaron and Jake enjoying their dinner.
 THis is an awful picture of me but I dearly love my auntie and wanted to include the picture just to remember the fun time. 
 Notice all of Lydia's bracelets from Auntie Carolyn.  She let the girls each choose ten.  Lydia chose to wear all of her's at once.  She fit right in with the California girls.
 Miss Katie sipping away.  
By the end of dinner I had 3 sleeping little girls.  What a day we had.  Can't wait for more fun tomorrow.  Happy Disney.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Yay Disneyland! So fun. I'm sad you didn't like the jungle cruise. It's a family fav for us. Keep posting. I'm living vicariously through you!

Jenny said...

So fun! We went a few years ago in October and LOVED it :)

jomama said...

So fun. Love the shirts- you are amazing!