Sunday, January 20, 2008

Too Much Fun!








Saturday we ventured out into the cold to do our grocery shopping. This is always a favorite task for Jake. He is always negotiating the number of stores for good behavior. He hates to shop. I bribed him into the store by offering to let him take pictures of the things that were interesting to him. He took a cute picture of the girls, a rather unattractive picture of me and a pictures of a packages rotisserie chicken. I will spare you the last two photos.








Later in the evening we went to Aaron's brother Riley's house for dinner and games. Lisa made us a delicious dinner of pulled pork sandwiches. We made a new salad that was pretty good. It had asian pears, pecans and blue cheese. The dressing was a balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic, honey and olive oil. Next time I make it I will back off on the garlic but we will definitely try it again. After dinner the adults played Five Crowns while the boys played the Nintendo Wii. We all had a great time. I won't mention who the winner of the Crowns game was but I will include a very humble photo.





Lydie and Katie enjoyed playing with baby Emma so much. Here are a few pictures of the loving/tackling. Emma was a very good sports.



Thanks to Tyler who helped tend the girls while we played games. We had a great time and look forward to getting together again soon. Church was uneventful but nice. We are quite enjoying not having callings for now but I am sure that it will not last. The bishopric is coming for a visit on Wed. but I think that it is strictly friendly and not business. Until next time America.










2 comments:

BubOppy said...

Looks like you had a great time at Riley and Lisa's. By the way, storms predicted again for the weekend. Now what?

BubOppy said...

I just noticed that Jake has a little problem in the Wii photo. I was hoping we were making some progress there.