Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Birds of a Feather

I am really slow at posting so everyone pretend that it is last Tuesday... We enjoyed some nice warmish weather this week. The high was about 45 degrees. It felt warm compared to 19 degrees so the girls and I decided to go early to Jake's school to pick him up and enjoy the outside toys. They played on the toys for about 15 minutes until Jake got out. The girls were not ready to go inside yet so we opted for a field trip to the Sugarhouse Park to feed the ducks. We heard that it was lots of fun. Jake was enjoyin g the warmer weather and was sure that he did not need a coat when we went to feed the ducks. This is Jake standing on our almost melted lawn. Yea for Mr. Sun.
As soon as we arrived about 25 ducks swarmed to our feets. Jake was not sure what to think and was quite taken a back by the birds agressive nature.
All around the kids enjoyed their duck experience and are anxious to return again to the Sugarhouse Park. I can't wait to go when all of the snow has melted. I bet that it is beautiful and there is lots and lots of room to run and play. For dinner that night Jake requested Pizza. We are saving out extra money for a new van so I am getting pretty good and making our own pizzas. It is nice because everyone can have what they want. I thought this batch didn't look too bad.


The whole family enjoyed the pizza. Jake is already asking when we can make it again. He loves to help with the toppings and says that Mom's is ALMOST as good as Little Caesars.
(I have big shoes to fill to meet that mark).


Lydia has become a bit of a pack rat. She likes to gather things and stick them down her onsie. We find puzzle pieces, cars, food, socks and many other interesting items. Poppy suggested that we give her purse to carry so that she will have someplace to put all of her things.

I hope I chose the right video. This is Katie and Lydie (sort of) singing It's a Small World.

No comments: