Monday, June 9, 2008

Derby Daddy/We found the camera!

Yea! We found the camera! I was posting pictures on Thursday last week and could not figure out what happened to the camera after that. Crazy. We found it in the couch. By the time we found the camera the only thing to take a picture was of the sleeping kids so here they are....






Aaron has been working his fingers to the bone working on Jake's pinewood derby car. They agreed on a shape and then Aaron drew a template. I had serious doubts. All we have to work with is a really wierd hack saw. I told Aaron that there was no way he was going to get that shape out of a block of wood with that saw. I hate to admit that the car looks really great. I think it at least looks like a winner. Aaron hacked on that wood for about 2 1/2 hours and he and Jake sanded it for another 2 hours. They are trying to figure out how to best weight it and then we get to finally paint it which is all that Jake cares about.



The Derby is on Thursday so we are busy with decoration prep, car cookies and the painting of the beast. Stay tuned for more fantastic pictures.

1 comment:

Elder Salter said...

Wow! Cool car Jake, Aaron. We'll be anxious to see the final product. Hope you're having a fun summer. Ours just started like you. Hope to see you guys sometime soon. Good luck on the race.
Love,
the Salters