Sunday, June 29, 2008

The rest of the weekend

Here is the continuation of our weekends activities. Jake and I went to day two of scout camp. I didn't think that it was nearly as well organized as the first day but the boys managed to have a good time. This is a picture of Jake doing the soap carving. Notice the big grin on his face as he puts the death grip on the sharp object. This would never be aloud at home. We did later have in incident dealing with a pocket knife and some blood but we won't go into details. Jake is really embarrassed. Another activity that Jake enjoyed was shooting the bow and arrow. He had never done this before and thought that it was a lot of fun. They even had left handed bows for the special folk. Jake managed to hit the target two out of three times. Unfortunately they didn't get another round of target practice in. I will have to see if I can arrange some more instruction for the cub scout, maybe through some of my 4-H connections. On Friday night we went to Riley and Lisa's house for dinner. They have a really nice new house in West Jordan. Their yard is beautiful and the weather was lovely. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures. Lydia didn't get a nap while I was at scout camp. She went to the zoo with Grandma and Grandpa Wells and was not very well behaved at the BBQ. I had the leave early and take her home to bed. Dinner was great the the company even better. Grandma and Grandpa Wells stayed with us for the weekend. It was really fun to have them here. They worked hard to get a good family photo of us. I don't know if we quite got there but this was the best one. Not everyone was cooperating. Here is Jake in his Sunday best looking very handsome. Katie, pretty as ever. and Lydia is just Lydia and we love her that way. What a cute pack of kids if I do say so myself. Aaron's Uncle and Aunt are leaving on a mission next week. We went to hear them speak in church. We enjoyed visiting with all of Aaron's cousins and family. Some we hadn't seen for a really long time. Aaron's Aunt and Uncle live just a block or so from the Collings (Dan's in-laws). We stopped by to see Dan and Rosalyn and let the kids play together for a while. They were very nice to invite us to dinner. Dan was cooking. He made a good Mac and Cheese with roasted asparagus, broccoli, salad, strawberries and Rosalyn made some yummy brownies. This is a picture of Dan and Rosalyn strapping Andrew to the chair for dinner. Notice the Karate belts (2)to keep him in place. What a hoot. Dinner was great and Lydia ate every bite of hers. The other kids were funny about the mac and cheese because it had onions in it. That didn't bother the Ly at all. The real reason we stopped by was to get our hands on Miss Evelyn. She slept most of the time we were there but I went and got her out of bed so that I could hold her. Lydia was very interested in her or maybe more interested in the fact that I was holding another baby. This is Evelyn fat and sassy after a feeding. Nice chins baby. Jakey enjoyed holding Evelyn very much. He held and sniffed till his hearts content. We didn't see much of Katie while visiting Dan and Rosalyn because she was very busy setting up Grandma Patty's doll house. Here is a party message from Andrew.

No comments: