Sunday, September 14, 2008

Back to School


I can't believe the summer is over already and another school year begins. My baby boy is in 3rd grade. I am so old. Jake was excited to go back to school and see his friends more regularly. His teacher this year is teaching in a regular grade for the first time (I think). She was previously the school's reading specialist. She is nice and Jake seems to like her. We are only two weeks into school so it is still too soon to tell.

The girls and I walked Jake to school on the first day. We followed him into his class and took this picture. He sits one chair away from his good buddy Tanner but says that he is girl locked because he is directly surrounded by girls. (poor Jake)

This fall also marks a big day for Katie. She started pre-school last week. She LOVES it. She is up early and dressed and ready to go way before it is time. She also insists on wearing a dress each day to school. I hope she gets over that soon.

Katie's teacher is a really cute lady in our ward named Marie Pop. She has the kids call her Miss Rie. So cute. You can tell that she really enjoys the kids and love teaching them. Katie comes home happy and can't wait to go back the next time.

Unfortunately while the kids are at school Lydia has to entertain herself by dressing up in strange outfits. She calls her swimming suit a "pute on" (suit on I think). I guess she has to have something to do right?

No comments: