Friday, December 12, 2008

Jake's BIG Birthday Bash

We have just finished the birthday extravaganza of one 9 year old Jake Wells. He has been a real handful this year ie. ordering 3 days worth of celebratory menus. What a guy. You'd think we were celebrating the birthday of the King of England.

Jake had a great party with lots of fun friends. We had a pirate theme and Katie and Lydia dressed up as the first mates. They looked really cute. We had 9 of Jake's good friends over and partied down with pirate ship hot dogs, chips, ruby red pirate punch, Swedish fish, goldfish crackers and a pirate cake.

We had a little bit of difficulty with the cake. I am not a cake decorator. Let me make that very clear. I found a cute pirate cake on familyfun.com that I thought that I could handle. I made the cake, frosted and decorated it and then to keep Lydia out of it locked it into a cold oven over night. In the morning I went to take the cake out of the oven and it had apparently been attacked and bombed by another ghost pirate ship. I served it as is and the kids thought that it was great. Here is a picture of what is was supposed to look like (and did before the bombing) and what it looked like at the party. Next year I am ordering from Costco.









2 comments:

Jolynn said...

Hey Sarah,
Do you share your cupcake recipe, or is it super secret? : ) If you are willing to share could you e-mail it to me? jolynn@myfamilee.org
Thanks!

BubOppy said...

I hate to be the one to point it out, but I can smell the staleness of this blog BEFORE I turn on my computer. Do you think your faithful readers care if you are the new Primary President? Come on, use that new camera and take some pictures of your kids.