We had a pretty happy week this week. Just ask Maggie. She started smiling just in time for Jake's birthday on the 7th.
I can't believe that Jake is 10. Too crazy. He had a great birthday which started out with gifts from his sister. He got to go to a local toy store and choose a few things. He also got snow pants, ski gloves, and new sled and a ski trip with the 4th graders. Wow what a day.
Jake also got to choose where he wanted to go to dinner. He chose Chuck-a-Rama. Nice choice Jake...don't worry, I got to choose where I wanted to go for my birthday too.
Jake and Katie enjoyed the mac and cheese and the scones and honey butter.
We also spent a lot of time enjoying baby Maggie this week. She is so pleasant and fun to be around. We love her too much. She is the cutest baby sister ever.
I love this picture of Maggie. She is looking sideways at Lydia. I can just hear her little self thinking " You have got to be kidding me. You are going to let this maniac hold me?"
"Is this really safe?"
"Not safe!"
We attended pack meeting this week as well. Jake earned his Leave no trace award. It was fun to have Bubby and Poppy hear for the event. I should probably mention that as part of Jake's birthday celebration he and Katie went to stay at the Little America with Bubby and Poppy. They went to dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and rode trax for fun. Check out buboppy for more details.
Lydia was the teacher helper at preschool on Thursday. She was very patriotic while leading the kids in the pledge,
and almost reverent while saying the prayer.
We also attended Katie's kindergarten Christmas program. We loved this clever hat that was a Christmas Tree on one side and
Rudolph's red nose on the other. It was a cute costume for their songs.
Katie singing with her class.
More singing. Thank goodness for 20x zoom. The parents were quite aggressive about photographing their children. We thought that we had chosen a nice out of the way place on the side lines. We were mistaken. Parents were standing and walking in front of us the whole time taking pictures and visiting. Crazy! I'm not going to bother with the camera at this weeks Christmas program. It includes all of the grades in the school. It will be much worse than the kindergarten program. I hope that Maggie and I survive. Stay tuned for our much anticipated trip south for Christmas. We can't wait!






No comments:
Post a Comment