Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Charming Prince Celebrates 11 Years of Age

I can't believe he is 11!!! I am way to young to have an 11 year old. He went and did it anyway. We are just coming down from the celebration that was Jake's birthday. He began with a very early morning. He was showered, dressed and had a clean room by 6:45.
He was very excited to open presents. These were from Bubby and Poppy. A cool Star Wars guy (Lydia's new favorite toy) and a new SUU sweatshirt.
When he saw it he said "Go T-Birds". He is their biggest fan.
The girls gave him Harry Potter 6...
and the new Diary of a Wimpy Kid book.
For breakfast he ordered, what else?
Chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate syrup and whipping cream. WOW! He chose to have his birthday dinner at Texas Road House. I wonder who could have influenced that decision. He and his Dad both enjoyed steak and I wrestled the three girls.
Jake's special present arrived later in the day via pony express. Auntie Rosalyn saved the day. Apparently Cedar City doesn't know that Harry Potter Legos are a hot item this year. I looked at 10 different stores and Rosalyn found them at Wal-Mart in Cedar City. Thanks again.
Jake is having a wonderful time setting up "The Burrows" in our front room. He had to take a break this evening to go to pack meeting to receive his Arrow of Light.
He has been a super Cub Scout and I hope that he enjoys 11 year olds Scouts as much.
For the event, he and his cohort Hunter displayed some of their memories of Cub Scouts. Brandi and I each prepared a little slide show as well.
What a guy, turns 11, gets his Arrow of Light and then heads off to big boy scouts. I hope he gets home soon. I am not ready to have him out late at night. Thanks to all for the great gifts and birthday wishes. Now he is counting down to the big #12.

3 comments:

Rosalyn said...

Happy birthday Jake! But I have to add that Dan also helped with the present--he's the one who actually put it in the mail. Glad it all worked out for you!

BubOppy said...

Bubby has been going on, and on, about how handsome the Charming Prince is. Of course, do you think that his Bubb can be objective when it comes to Jake's, or any other of the Grands', virtues? We love our Grands, even when we wonder why.

wendy_d23 said...

Hope he had a great birthday (and you are way to young to have an 11 year old)