I am overwhelmed that I am so far behind on my blog posting. My parents complain that it is stale and that it stinks from lack of attention. For those complainers, here is an update.
Neither Aaron or I can remember if my parents last visit was in February or the end of January. Either way, they came to visit us. When they come they always spoil the kids with bagels for breakfast on Saturday. All of these children LOVE a good bagel. Most of them prefer "pink flosting" (strawberry cream cheese). Even baby Maggie joins the ranks of bagel lover.
Katie, getting ready for her first bite.
Lydia was all dressed for a pajama birthday party that she was attending on this particular Saturday morning.
Some of these pictures are kind of random. This is an example of our typical dinner lately. We are trying to make some healthy life style changes. So far so good. I am loving the George Forman Grill these days.
A few weeks ago I read on a blog about these Rainbow Pancakes. I decided to try them for the kids one night for dinner. Huge mistake.
They loved them so much that now they want them every time I make pancakes, which as most of you know is at least every Friday morning. I don't have time for all of this on a Friday morning.
It was really fun. I can most days be talked into one color though. I am not a total stick in the mud.
We had a really nice Saturday last week and decided we'd better make a trip to the zoo before our pass runs out. This is Katie's favorite spot. I am surprised she was willing to share it with Lyd.
The whole crew.
Lydia is fascinated with the maps and can almost always tell us where we are at any given time on the map.
Our second favorite spot. I can't tell you how many pictures we have of the kids at this exact spot.
Even Maggie wanted to join the fun.
Maggie decided she wanted to get down for a walk.
This was Maggie first time on the carousel. She loved it!
It was a nice day to be out and about.
For President's Day weekend we just stayed home. This is rare for us. We are usually planning a trip south. We celebrated with a trip to In N Out. YUM!
Jake loves a good burger. He actually eats TWO, plain. Kind of a waste if you ask me.
Katie just orders fries and a chocolate shake. No burger for her.
Lydia eats her burger "hamburger style" this includes spread and lettuce.
A very blurry picture of mine and Aaron's lunch, a cheese burger, animal style with extra pickles. The only way to go. After lunch we caught a double feature at our local movie theater. It is only .75 on Mondays. Can you believe it? We saw Gulliver's Travels in 3D and Harry Potter. We made it almost all the way through the 2nd movie. Jake, Aaron and I had already seen it so it wasn't a tragedy to leave early. It was a fun holiday weekend. We hope you all had as much fun as we did.






1 comment:
So we did pink pancakes today after reading this post. Piper was thrilled - but not enough to actually eat a whole pancake. Oh well.
Post a Comment