Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of the people we like!
Day to day activities around our house are not overly exciting so we have to make our own fun. Any excuse to celebrate right?
We have been patiently waiting to wear the new St. Patrick's Day bows. I would normally make them but this year I found these in the dollar spot at Target. I couldn't buy the ribbon for that price. Thanks Target, we love the dollar spot.


Jake made a purchase on Saturday. He used his own money to buy these pound puppies. He wanted to make sure that I included this photo.
We started our day with what else, but green pancakes. (Yuck! The green batter made me gag just looking at it.) As always I had lots of kitchen help.

I tried to make shamrock shaped pancakes. This was the first one. They got better the more I made. The kids ate them up and asked for green sprinkles to go on top. I figured we had plenty of sugar with the syrup.
Enjoying a special breakfast.

On Monday we had a spa day to get ready for the big event. All of the princesses in our house had their finger nails and toe nails painted green. What a day. We continued our festivities with chocolate coins in festive sheer shamrock draw string bags with lots of glitter, green jello for a snack and cabbage, boiled potatoes and sausage for dinner. What a celebration. I hosted book club last night also and we continued our green theme and had spinach dip with veggies and key lime pie. Too much fun. I wonder what we will do tomorrow. I am sure that it won't be nearly as exciting as today. Can't wait for next year.

4 comments:

Elder Salter said...

Sounds like lots o' fun. Spencer and Ali were so excited about finding out they had some Irish blood in them. Spencer said that people are always asking him if he's Irish and wondered if he looked Irish -cute huh? He also wondered if they have a hop in their step because he does sometimes. Must definitely be his Irish blood.
What book are you reading next month?

xraywells said...

We are reading The Princess Academy.

Phil said...

You are so festive! :) You should post your holiday plans before the fact so non-festive people like me can get a few ideas on what the cool mom's are doing! Matty said to me at the end of the day on st. patty's, "It wasn't much of a Patrick's day today." Ouch. I'll have to try harder on Easter I guess.

Stacy said...

Super cute ideas :)