The moment you've all been waiting for... tonight was Jake's class play. They wrote an opera as a class based on a story they read called "The Ant and the Elephant". The kids wrote most of the lyrics as a group with some help from their teacher. It was really really cute. They did a very professional job and were well practiced.
This is a picture of Jake's cute teacher. She worked really hard with the kids to help teach them all of the music and make sure that they had a good time.

Jake sang this solo and a duet with one of the ants. I only got the solo on the camera because Lydia decided she would be an extra in the play and joined Jake on stage. I wasn't quite sure what to do. When the ant chorus came to help the elephant (Jake) out of the hole he had fallen into she was scared away by the large colony of ants and ran back to sit with us. What an exciting time we had at "The Ant and the Elephant.
We were so proud of Jake. I could tell that he was really nervous but by the last song he was having a great time and really enjoying himself. I took a video of the finale as well.
To celebrate we had pound cake with whipped cream and strawberries. Can't wait for Jake's next great production.
This is a picture of Jake's cute teacher. She worked really hard with the kids to help teach them all of the music and make sure that they had a good time.
Jake sang this solo and a duet with one of the ants. I only got the solo on the camera because Lydia decided she would be an extra in the play and joined Jake on stage. I wasn't quite sure what to do. When the ant chorus came to help the elephant (Jake) out of the hole he had fallen into she was scared away by the large colony of ants and ran back to sit with us. What an exciting time we had at "The Ant and the Elephant.
We were so proud of Jake. I could tell that he was really nervous but by the last song he was having a great time and really enjoying himself. I took a video of the finale as well.






5 comments:
I had to smile because I heard Katie's cough during Jake's song. Sounds like the next round of colds might be sliding into the last round of colds.
Congratulations to Jake! He sounded great and is a lot more courageous than his Poppy.
By the way, nice camera work. Did you use your video set up or the new still camera?
I used my fancy new camera. I had to read up on how to take video. It was really cool. You can take video in any mode that the camera is set at. Too cool!
WOW Jake did such a great job.
a star in deed. and remarkable stunning in a trunk! :)
Yea Jake! We are so proud! And hurray that someone finally got to wear the Gap elephant costume, right? We hope to see y'all in the south next weekend.
Post a Comment