We started our Saturday morning out with yummy bagels and cream cheese and discussed our need for a little bit of fall fun. I thought this was probably the last weekend I would feel like an adventure so let the fun begin.
We headed out early to Gardner Village for a little witch hunting.
Jake and Katie loved the witches.
Notice anyone missing from these photos? Lydia refused to stand anywhere near a witch.
This was her version of photographic cooperation. Nice huh?
Cute kids.
Gardner Village is so fun in the fall. I love all of the little photo spots that they have set up with the hay and pumpkins. I would recommend it to all who have not yet been this fall. The weather was fabulous.
There they are, all together. Notice I had to take the picture with their backs turned in order to get them all in the same picture.
Katie liked the quilt witch the best.
We had fun looking for all of the witches. At about 10:30 Aaron decided it was getting way to crowded for him so we ended our witch hunt and went in search of a snack.
Katie and Lydia both agree, the best part of the witch hunt is going to the bakery afterwards.
After our witch hunt we continued our adventure and searched for the ultimate pumpkins. We were successful and came home to prepare them immediately. First the kids washed their pumpkins and then dad used the drill to poke holes in the pumpkins for the potato head pieces. I used a screw driver to poke the holes and did three pumpkins in the time it took Aaron to do one. Shocking!
Lydia chose the "Diva" pumpkin. It comes complete with a cell phone and microphone. Perfect for Lydia who is definitely our little Diva.
Katie's pumpkin is of course a princess.
Jake with is very scary pirate pumpkin. You can't see it in this picture but it has a funny eyebrow. That is Jake's favorite part.
This is baby M's pumpkin. The kids chose the witch for her. My mom also requested a picture of me. Lovely isn't it. The good news is that the fat nose means it is almost go time. Thank goodness. Ten days and counting.
The kids sitting proudly by their pumpkins. As far as I am concerned this is the only way to decorate pumpkins. I do Not possess the skills to carve. Luckily my kids are no worse for the wear, they are proud of their cute pumpkins.
After pumpkins we worked on another snack. I have bought several bags of caramels with apples in mind. Only this one bag made it that far. Jake and Katie did a great job unwrapping the caramels. Lydia was banned because she kept eating them.
Lydia thinks she is quite the helper.
Katie dipping her apples.
Jake enjoying his apple.
Lydia just ate the caramel off of her apple.
Katie enjoyed the whole day, apple included. She loves getting out decorations, cooking and preparing for holidays. She is quite the festive girl.
We kept the kids out of church today, trying to avoid H1N1 for just a few more weeks. There are a few cases in our ward. It is my biggest fear that one of the kids will get sick while I am in the hospital or on delivery day and we will not be able to carry out our careful planning. Bubby assured me today that if needed she could come a day or two early. Cross your fingers for continued good health.






4 comments:
Did you see the witch in the outhouse(usually by the fudge shop)? Too fun. Wish we were there.
I LOVE Gardener Village at Halloween. Haven't been for years but so fun. Loved the pictures. Can't wait to see pictures of Baby M
Steve said there were a lot of kids gone from primary today - of course, Piper was one of them. She said she didn't want to go to church today - because she doesn't like to sing - haha - she sings all day long. But it wasn't a fight I cared to battle, especially with what's going around. I think Steve is going to come home during primary next week and trade me so I can bring Piper.
Great pics, I was wondering if you had the baby yet. Did you guys pick out a name? I hope everything goes well for you!!
Post a Comment