Today the kid's school held a jogathon to raise money for the PTA and Arts programs at the school. Each child was supposed to get pledges/donations and then each grade ran as many laps as they could in a set amount of time. Lydia and I went to lend our support to our favorite athletes. It was really fun to watch the kids warm up, do their laps and then cool down. A local bakery supplied bread, fruit and water to the runners after their laps. Each of the kids got an award for participation and were entered into a drawing based on the number of laps they ran. It was a fun event and seemed to be well supported by the parents.
Katie warming up for her big jog.
Off she goes. I never saw such a glamorous jogger. Like the outfit?
Proud of her award.
The cheering section.
The girls waiting for Jake to start his run.
Jake, finishing up his first lap.
Showing off his super speed for the camera.
Stopping for a quick drink.
I am very proud of my super athletes and their dedication to their school. They did a great job and ran, ran, ran. Katie ran six laps and Jake ran eight. I saved them both the humiliation of running beside them. 9 months pregnant and running (plus it's me), not a good combo. I love my kids too much for that.






1 comment:
Jogging may have brought on a few contractions?!?
Post a Comment