Friday, September 17, 2010

PWD Baby!

PWD: for those of you not in the know, thats PINEWOOD DERBY. That's right, this week was our Pinewood Derby for Cub Scouts. Jake and Aaron have been working hard on
"The Green Racer" and she turned out looking pretty sweet. We went to the church Wed. night to set up the track for the big event. A few of the scouts caught wind of the set up and brought their cars down for a little test run.
Thursday morning I ran to the church to put up a few decorations. Jake was really happy with his design. He had been drawing possible designs for weeks. I think that he and Aaron did a great job.
The races were exciting and the boys were really good sports. They did a great job encouraging each other. This is Jake cheering for "The Green Racer".
He did pretty well, third over all. He was a little bit disappointed because that is where he placed last time.
This is a picture of our group. We worked hard getting ready and are glad to have it done. It was a lot of work but worth it for all of the fun that the boys had. Aaron was pretty tied up with work and school but was able to make it to the event in time to run the races. I THINK he appreciated our help but I am not sure.

I mention to Jake that this was his last pinewood derby because he will be turning 11 in December and joining the older scouts. He wanted to know what kinds of races they have in Boy Scouts. I told him none that I know of and he said he is sure that he hates Boy Scouts. We will see about that. We love Cub Scouts!


No comments: