Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Red Butte in the Fall


Today Maggie, Lydia and I took our lunch to Red Butte Gardens. This is our favorite quiet outdoor spot to play. The kids all love the Children's Garden and I have been dying to get there and see the fall colors. I wish we could have been there a week or so ago. There was still some lovely spots but I'll bet it was really great before the snow storm.
Neat berries on a cool orange tree.

A festive shot of Lydia with the left over pumpkins. The colors are just about gone and things are looking a little bit dry. I found this interesting because the color change is just starting in the downtown areas.
I put Maggie down by the lizards in the Children's Garden and she was not thrilled. Check out the big crocodile tear.
Lydia loves to dig in the dirt. We brought some shovels and a bucket. She would have stayed there all day. It was a little chilly in the sand.


Maggie thought she was pretty big stuff sitting by herself on this bench.

Lyd on the lizards. She had to stand on all of them before we could go home.
Glamour shot of the Chee.

A happy girl. She asked if we could come again tomorrow after school. If the weather is as nice as it was today, I just might consider it.

1 comment:

BubOppy said...

Thanks for the photos. I am so glad you decided to go. It looks like lots of fun. Have to love Red Butte Gardens.