Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Great Pioneer Day Weekend


Bubby and Poppy came for a nice long visit. They arrived on Wed. evening and stayed until Sunday morning. We love having them stay with us. It is so much fun for the kids. The kids always wake up early when they are here and anticipate lots of fun which we always have.

Pioneer Day was a free admission day at Red Butte Gardens. The weather was warm but the gardens provided plenty of shade. Jake, Katie and Lydia had a blast wandering around and enjoyed being outside very much.

Jake could not stay away from the little fish pond. It had Lily pads, minnows, tadpoles and lots of other aquatic life. He is quite the little science guy.


Poppy shot some photos for us. I love letting him be in charge of the pictures taking, then I can just play.

After our morning at the gardens we met Dan, Rosalyn, Andrew and Miss Evelynn at the Olive Garden for lunch. It is close by our house and we know that all of the kids will eat well there. Almost everyone orders soup, salad and bread sticks.

I am always surprised how much Jake can eat when the food is something he really likes. Jake ate a large bowl of Soupa Tuscan (sp?), five bread sticks, his order of Mac and Cheese, one of Lydia's chicken strips, half our chocolate cheesecake desert and his own chocolate shake. I think he drank a few root beers as well. I thought for sure he would loose it all over the car on the short drive home but he held it all down. I think he ate more than anyone in the party.




Bubby and Poppy went with us to the Children's Museum at The Gateway. It was really fun (for the kids), I don't think that Poppy enjoyed himself at all but he was very patient.

Jake enjoyed the rock climbing wall and the invention stations.

They had a really cool play house with a real kitchen and dishes. It was little girls dream. Katie asked if she could brink her own baby next time so that she could put it ot bed in the play house and she could sleep while Katie did the dishes. What a girl.

Lydia just enjoyed the freedom of wandering around and doing whatever she wanted.



We took advantage of the very warm weather and spent some time by the pool. We had a birthday party for Uncle Dan which I don't have any pictures of. You can check out photos from the party on www.evestigation.blogspot.com.



We had a really fun weekend with our family and are looking forward to our long vacation starting TOMORROW! Aaron has taken a week off work and we will be spending the next 10 days with our families. We can't think of any place we would rather be. We look forward to seeing everyone. Stay tuned for family vacation fun.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I FINALLY found your blog!! (I don't know why I kept forgetting to just ask you for it). Have a great vacation - we'll miss Katie in Sunbeams tomorrow :)