Friday, October 17, 2008

Super Sunday


Hey all,
I wanted to give you a quick update on the goings on in our family. Our Sundays have gotten a little bit more interesting lately. Aaron and I were called a few weeks ago to team teach the CTR 6 class. What a crazy bunch. It consists of four very rowdy (and smart) boys and a sweet and very quiet little girl. We both come home from church very tired. This is technically Aaron's new calling. Men can't teach primary alone so I am his helper. I am still very busy working with Jake and his cub scout friends. There are 8 boys in our troop. They are a lot of fun.

We broke out last years Christmas dress. Katie hasn't worn it since last winter because the colors are so dark. She twirled and twirled thinking she was the loveliest of princesses.

Lydia, not quite as graceful as Princess Katie also twirled and twirled and ended up with a big black and blue knot on her forehead. She is wearing Katie's Christmas dress from 2 years ago. Thank you Costco. (stay tuned for this years dress, I already bought them and they are FABULOUS!"

Lydia loves her nursery class. She has a really great teacher. The only thing that could make nursery better for her is her new teacher, my friend Brandi. Lydia loves Brandi almost more than anyone else in the world. I think only second to me and that depends on the day. Lydia has done great with her potty training and is pretty self sufficient. The nursery people can't take the kids potty so I check in on her twice while she is there. When I went in to take her potty I noticed that she had no tights on. I asked one of the new nursery ladies where her tights and shoes were and she said that she thought that she had gone to the bathroom on her own a few minutes before. I picked her up to carry her into the bathroom and quickly noticed that she had nothing on her bottom half. She was cruising around the nursery commando. I went in the bathroom and there were her shoes, tights and underwear. Apparently we still need to work on some details with the potty business.

After dinner Aaron begged me to make some cupcakes. It is a new passion. They are getting better and better every time. These ones don't look great because I frosted them very quickly but they tasted really yummy. They were lemon sour cream cupcakes with a fresh raspberry cream cheese frosting. YUM. I've had a couple of orders come in for birthday parties. GOOOO Cupcakes. Some of our other favorite flavors are Coconut Lime, Orange Cream and Chocolate Strawberry. Any way if anyone wants to order for their next party they are still fun for me to make and taste a lot better than So Cupcakes.

2 comments:

Kori C said...

Since we were lucky enough to sample those delicious cupcakes, I wanted to make sure and add my comment that they are absolutely scrumptious!!!! Way to go Sarah for creating your own cupcake recipes! You are a talented woman! Everything you make is so yummy!

Kristin said...

Yes, I ditto Kori on your yummy cupcakes. When I had your primary class as sunbeams, I always came home with a headache! It's a good thing little kids are so darn cute (except last Sunday when Brian, from my class, walked back and punched Will for no reason!) But only two more months and then you're already on to a new group :)