
The time of year has come again for skilled pumpkin carvers to shine. I do not fit into that categorie so this is pumpkin "decoroating" my style. Thank you Target for selling these cute potatoe head kits for pumpkins. You have saved my children from the embarrasment of a mutilated pumpkin that looks like it has been hacked on with a butter kinfe.

A few years ago Jake chose this cute pirate set. I think the year we bought it he was actually a pirate for Halloween. I love the eyebrow. It reminds me of my brother Matt.

Katie enjoyed the project the most. She was very serious about outfitting her pumpkin with the princess items. She is at such a fun age right now, a really great helper and very responsible.

This morning we made a list of all of the chores,cut them into strips and drew them out of a bowl. Katie was so excited. She thought it was fun to clean the stove, dust mom and dads room and clean the bathroom sink. Jake was old enough to realize that he was still doing work but Katie thought it was the funnest game ever.

I think that the year that we bought the princess potato head kit Katie was a princess also. (this is no surprise, she has been a princess for the last 3 years)

Sadly Target doesn't carry a Dora the Explorer potato head kit so Lydia has to make due with the Diva. It is still very fitting. Lydia was not at all into the activity and mostly wanted to pull the pieces out of the pumpkin and run off with them.

This special photo illistrates Lydias excitement for the activity.

So here they all are. Poor neglected children wiht a mother that has no carving skills. Don't come to our house looking for scary pumpkins. We are cute and that is the look we are going for.

In closing Jake finally decided that he would like to learn how to ride his brand new bike that he got for his birthday 3 years ago and would never ride. He is doing well and is down to one training wheel that he doesn't need. Don't tell him that. Way to go dad. Aaron ran up and down our street several times with Jake this weekend. Good excersise.






3 comments:
Cute pumpkins!
I saw one of those kits at Harmon's the other day - but I thought Piper would be more into pulling them out than leaving them in - so thanks for Lydia's perspective - I think I'm right on :)
That picture of Lydia doing pumpkins with that scrunchie eyebrow face is awesome! (It reminded me of Matt's amazing eyebrow tricks too.) You've sure got a cute bunch!
Post a Comment