Saturday, October 11, 2008

This Blog Is Starting To Stink!

Some of our most faithful readers have complained that our blog is starting to stink. (from old moldy posts)So here is an update on daily life at our house.

Miss Katie has a very busy social schedule these days. She goes to pre-school three days a week and tries to fit in play dates with Kenzie here and there. She is loving all of the action. She is learning to write her alphabet letters. I love this picture of her. This is her typical activity during quiet time. Lydia and I spend the whole morning cleaning and then Katie sets up shop with her baby. (Laurie, I know that you will notice the red striped undies in the picture, I don't know what that is about but they look nice in the middle of the front room floor.)

We have had quite a few tomatoes this year and with the help of Bubby and Poppy's crop, I have bottled a few batches of salsa. I think that it tastes OK but I am not yet sure that it is worth all of the work. Here is a picture a the huge bowl of tomatoes that I had to slip the skins. The salsa project takes most of a morning. I took me about 5 minutes to stack all of these tomatoes into the bowl. When I would add the last few on top they would slip off onto the counter. This is 5 quarts of tomatoes chopped. A ton!

Jake has been busy with his new career as Cat tender. My old boss Carolyn has a sister who lives quite close to us. She is out of town on business alot and pays Jake to come over and pet the cats. He sneezes his guts out the whole time because he is allergic to their very long hair. He is paid quite nicely in cash and webkinz stuffed animals. Marilyn is awfully good to him.

Last weekend we had a delightful visit with our Salter cousins. They came north to take Spencer to conference. He went to the priesthood session with his Dad after turning 12 earlier this month. We met them at the zoo and had a short visit. The kids had a great time. Unfortunately we had to hurry because Jake was starting piano lessons that afternoon.

Sam and Lydia enjoyed each others company while exploring the rocks at the zoo. Thanks Jenny, Dave and Fam for taking the time to visit.


The last big event as of late was pack meeting. Mom, Jake and the cub scouts worked really hard all summer and earned lots of awards.

Jake was the announcer for our flag ceremony and did a really great job. He spoke very clearly and with much authority. "color guard ATTENTION!"

Jake earned lots of awards. He earned his Wolf badge, one gold arrow point, 6 silver arrow points, his cub scout world conservation award, and belt loops in archery, orienteering, BB guns, astronomy, and another one that I can't remember. It was a big night for Jacobod.

We cannot leave you without a fashion tip from Lydia. Turn your favorite shirt into a skirt and then you will have built in tights. Great job Lydie.

4 comments:

BubOppy said...

Sarah,

I am so glad you finally changed you post. We love to see what is going on at your house and miss out when you blog become stale.

Bubby

Laurie said...

I don't know anything about red striped undies. I'm confused.

xraywells said...

Laurie-
You are always the one who notices things in the background. Have another look.

Dan said...

Yeah, no mold hear. It is all clean and clear.