I am home alone. ( Don't tell anyone) I have exactly one hour and 10 minutes between the time Lydia goes to preschool and I have to pick up Katie from kindergarten. Today I am choosing to use the precious time to update the blog. I promised Bubby that I would so here goes. Last weekend we were looking for a little bit of excitement and decided to take a trip to Wheeler Farms. We haven't been for a while and the weather was nice and cool. It turned out to be the perfect day to be out and about.
Lydia swinging at the park.
Jake, too cool to be swinging at the park but still having a good time.
Katie swinging as all proper princess do.
We also decided to check out the Farmers Market at Murray Park for some peaches to can. We found lovely peaches at a good price and then spent all of Monday working on peaches. There was talk of getting more this weekend and repeating the process but Aaron says he is sure that 15 quarts is enough. He doesn't want to spend his day off playing peaches ever again.
Here is a sample of my lovely peaches. I need to pack them in tighter next time so that they don't all float to the top. I didn't want to bruise them so I was careful putting them in the jars.
The finished product. I should have lined the jars all up so you could see them all but they are all stacked behind. Aren't they pretty? The only problem was that I was crippled for about two days following this project from standing all day. I probably won't be doing apple sauce this year.
Here are the three silly kids at the farm. They were captivated by this chicken that had really bad hair.
Here he is. It is not a great picture but you get the idea. I have never seen a chicken with feathers like that. He was great and super sassy. That is the extent of our weekend fun. More fun to be had so stay tuned.






1 comment:
Piper won't stop talking about next month's field trip to Wheeler Farm - she is so excited.
Post a Comment