Thursday, September 24, 2009

A busy day at school

We had an extra busy day today. It started bright and early this morning. Katie had a bad night. They had an earthquake drill at school yesterday and she was full on traumatized. She didn't talk all the way home from school and when we got home she shut the door and locked the dead bolt. She took my hand and said in a really shaky voice "We had an earthquake drill at school today, they said step away from the windows." She spent the rest of the day glued to my side and when it came time for bed the real fun began. Katie cried and carried on about being scared and ended up sleeping in our room. I don't think she would have returned to school today it I hadn't had to come to to see their edible bug displays.
Katie at school. We had to be at school at 8:30 for the bug extravaganza.
At school again, doesn't she look big?
This is Katie's edible bug project. She did a butterfly made of Jelly Belly jelly beans.
(It was all of the leftover flavors that nobody wanted.)
Lydia enjoyed some time on the big kids playground.

At 10:00 we had to run Lydia to preschool. She was the teacher helper today. She also got to bring a show and tell for the big day.

For show and tell Lydia chose to bring a tire pressure gage. She sure is a different girl from Kate. I don' t think Katie would be caught dead holding a tire pressure gage.
Wave that flag girl.

And finally saying the prayer.

We finished out the afternoon with a round of flu shots for all of the kids. They were all very brave and the girls fought over who got to go first. Weird kids. Tomorrow we are out of school for I don't know what, but I sure am glad. Maybe it will be pajama movie day. That would be nice.


3 comments:

jomama said...

25 years later, I still remember my first Earthquake drill at West Elem. I was so terrified! Poor Katie!

Kristin said...

OH that is so sad about the terrifying drill.

BubOppy said...

I just love the photos of Lydia, so proud of her show and tell. She is an absolute original, you know that!

Poor Kate. Give her a squeeze from her Poppy. Reassure her that earthquakes are actually quite cool, if you're a geologist.