Friday, May 16, 2008

Little girl in a BIG bed

In an effort to save her life we have taken down Lydia's crib and purchased a big girl mattress. It was quite an interesting experience getting it home. We do not have a truck and the Chrysler is not insured so even though it has a trunk as big as any truck bed it stays parked in our drive way. We took two cars to Costco to make the mattress purchase. Aaron put it in the trunk of the Honda. It was hanging out more than half way. We roped and tied until I could stand it no longer. I followed Aaron at a safe distance and kept an eye on the mattress. We were quite the sight. White trash on parade. We did arrive home without any trouble.

I spent the better part of today fixing up the girls bedroom. There is a lot less space in there with two big beds. I found cute matching bedspreads and Ross for $12.00 each. I think that they are pretty cute and they match the curtains that we already have. YEA! Here is a virtual tour of our new big girl bedroom. Dresser/dress up area.
Book shelf/puzzle/reading area.
Our walls are pretty bare and white. I will have to come up with some creative/inexpensive way to liven things up.

This week Jake requested "just salad" for dinner. I decided to make some homemade rolls to go with our salad. I made yummy cinnamon rolls with the left over dough. They were really good. Sorry about the partial pan photo. My people wouldn't wait for a picture. When I was posting the pictures Aaron asked me how hard they were to make. I have a feeling I will be getting a lot of practice making these rolls. YUM!

No comments: