Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!


Happy Valentine's Day!!!! We hope you are all having a great day with the people you love.

Here is a taste of our very busy week preparing for the big day.
Lydia was a good girl not to get in to anything while we were busy working.

Katie wanted to start making cards last week. I held her off until about Tuesday this week. She addressed and signed all of her own cards and we made and sent a few to people we love. Hope you got one if you didn't chances are we probably still love you.

We got to make a Valentine box for Jake this year. It was really fun. I found this cute pattern at Pebbles in my Pocket. It was easy and turned out really cute. Jake had an original box/bag and he got to help make it. Way to go Jake.

Can I just say how much I love ribbon. Lydia and I went to The Lace Place on Tuesday and bought ribbon for our V-Day bows. She was so very good. She just played with the little box of legos while I cut ribbon. What a good girl. I never thought I would be able to take her into that store. Maybe things are looking up for Lydia.


We made cupcakes for Jake's class party. Of course it could not be as easy as just 24 kids in a class. There has to be 30 kids so one batch of cupcakes won't do it I had to make two batches which is 4 dozen cupcakes. It turns out that because they had eaten lunch just before the party the kids weren't even that hungry and I ended up bringing about half of them back home. Anyone want a cupcake?



I made these really cute sugar cookie bouquets for the ladies that I visit teach. They were a little bit labor intensive and I don't think that I will make many more of them this week. I am tired of Valentines Day and we haven't even reached the actual day yet.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Your cookie bouquets turned out really cute!