Monday, February 23, 2009

What a way to spend a day...


Our Saturday morning started off nice and slow. Jake had time for some relaxing in his pj's and playing a little Game Boy. Katie kept hollering at him to come to breakfast and when he didn't respond she said "Fine then, I guess you will just have to starve". I wonder where she heard that one? She is quite the helper. I ran out while everyone was getting moving and grabbed a bucket of bagels. This is a favorite weekend breakfast at our house.

Have you noticed that our day starts and ends in the finest of princess wear. I swear it is their waking thought. What ever will we do when Katie is too big for dress ups?
Lydia enjoying her bagel with "princess pink" cream cheese.
Thanks Einstein's for the yummy breakfast.
After Dan and Andrew arrived, we decided to make our first trip of the new year to the duck pond. This is one of our favorite Saturday activities. The kids love to go and feed the ducks and watch for the baby chicks to appear. (It will be a few months before we see any babies.)
The older kids love being close to the ducks and geese. This didn't last long because Andrew mostly wanted to chase the geese.
Lydia didn't want to be too close. Some of the geese are almost as tall as she is. She can easily be overtaken by an over aggressive goose seeking bread.
Katie is an expert by now.
The three musketeers watching the action at the pond.
This is the best shot of Andrew and the ducks, he was always on the run.
After we ran off all of the ducks, we headed over to the park for some real fun. The kids were so excited to be out enjoying the nice weather. There was still quite a bit of snow on the playground, but it was a lovely day none the less. Have I mentioned lately that I love, love, love my new camera? Well I do.
Katie was having too much fun.
Lydia has no fear when it comes to climbing or sliding. She will climb to the tallest spot and go down the very biggest slide she can find. She scares me most of the time. I think she is way to little to be up so high.
Andrew and Lydia playing near each other but not necessarily with each other.


Jake just enjoying a quiet swing.
Daniel decided to get a little bit of exercise while we were out.

Andrew was afraid to go down the slide alone so his Daddy went down with them. I thought that they were going to get stuck. Last time I was at this park I was visiting with a lady who said that she had broken her 1 year old's arm going down the same slide with him on her lap. Oops!


And last but not least we went to the zoo. Can you believe it? I think we have used our zoo pass more than any one else in the world. It finally expires this week. YEA! No more zoo for us for at least a year. What will we do with our Saturdays?

No comments: